Rossie Priory is a country house and estate to the north of Inchture, near the hamlets of Baledgarno and Knapp, Perthshire, Scotland. It lies 9.6 miles (15.4 km) by road west of the city centre of Dundee.
An early calotype photographic studio was established here for George Kinnaird, 9th Lord Kinnaird with the assistance of Thomas Rodger in around 1850.
The Rossie Priory collection presents a wonderful “snapshot” of Scottish photographic history. The portraits show an array of early photographic practitioners, along with landscapes, animals, architecture, and tantalising views of the dark rooms and equipment used.
This is an outdoor exhibition at the Holy Trinity Church, South Street.
[Photo Credit: The University of St Andrews Library – 00THUMB-2014-3-164]